- ABOUT THE HOST INSTITUTION:
The University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB), founded in 1952, is a national key university under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education of China. USTB is famous for its study of metallurgy and material science. While engineering is the focus, there are also programs in basic science, management, humanities, economics and law. USTB is one of the 33 Universities in China that are entitled to establish state-approved graduate schools. In 1997, USTB was listed as one of the first group of universities admitted to China’s 211 Project.
USTB consists of 9 schools, provides 39 undergraduate programs, 65 master programs, 26 doctoral programs and 7 postdoctoral research fields. USTB attaches great importance to the establishment and development of its academic disciplines. As a result of many years of development, seven national key disciplines such as Ferrous Metallurgy, Materials Science, Materials Processing Engineering, Mechanical Design and Theory and Mining Engineering etc. have long enjoyed established fame both at home and abroad, so are Management Science and Engineering, History of Science and Technology which have won a high reputation as well. Disciplines such as Control Theory and Control Engineering, Thermal Engineering, and Mechatronic Engineering are being developed on a solid basis. In addition, newly-developed disciplines such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Environmental Engineering, and Civil Engineering, are active and academically sound.
- THE CHANCELLOR SCHOLARSHIPS AT THE USTB:
Beijing University of Science and Technology established the Chancellor Scholarship at Beijing University of Science and Technology to attract more and higher-level foreign students and scholars to study and train at Beijing University of Science and Technology, and promote the internationalization of education at Beijing University of Science and Technology. Furthermore, the Chancellor Scholarship at Beijing University aims to nurture the best and brightest minds in any given field and foster them to advance in their studies. Moreover, the scholarship at Beijing University provides a full tuition waiver along with accommodation and living allowance.
- SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT:
This is a fully paid scholarship which makes provisions for tuition fee, accommodation on campus, living allowances of 2500 CNY per month for Bachelor degree students; 3000 CNY per month for Masters degree students; 3500 CNY per month for Doctorate students and also makes provisions for comprehensive medical insurance.
- SCHOLARSHIP CONDITIONS AND ELIGIBILITY:
The underlisted terms serve as the selection criteria and eligibility requirements for the Chancellor Scholarships at the USTB, viz:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Bachelor degree applicants must have a high school graduation certificate and be within the age or 18 – 30 years.
- Masters degree applicants must have a bachelor degree and be under the age of 40 years.
- Doctorate degree applicants must have a masters degree and be under the age of 45 years.
- APPLICATION DOCUMENTATION:
The following documents are needed to apply for the USTB Chancellors scholarship, viz:
- Two copies of application materials are required, one Original of Notarized and one Duplicate;
- Apply online and pay application fee(600CNY), then print. Apply via this URL: http://onlineapply.ustb.edu.cn/en/student/index
- Application Form of the USTB Chancellor Scholarship which can be accessed here: http://isc.ustb.edu.cn/cn/template.jsp?id=144
- Certificates (bachelor and master degrees, high school graduation, diplomas), must be Original and Notarized in Chinese or English;
- Please Note: Students expecting to graduate should provide an official letter stating expected graduation date, then submit the degree certificate later if admitted;
- Official Transcripts (Bachelor and Master degrees) up to the present qualifications, including courses taken and standard achieved, must be Original and Notarized in Chinese or English;
- A Personal Statement, above 800 words for masters, and above 1500 words for doctorates, must be in Chinese or English;
- Two Recommendation Letters from your referees, including their contacts, must be Original in Chinese or English;
- The referees should be professors or associate professors. At least one of them should have knowledge of your recent academic work;
- A copy of your Language Test Result:
- Chinese-taught program: HSK level 4 (bachelor), 5 (master) or 6 (doctorate);
- English-taught program: IELTS 5.5 or TOFEL 70 (bachelor), IELTS 6 or TOFEL 80 (master and doctorate);
- One Photocopy of Passport photograph;
- Health Certificate;
- Acceptance Letter from supervisor (Optional); http://isc.ustb.edu.cn/cn/resource.jsp?id=149&page=1
- Table of contents and abstracts of your academic publications and any other original achievement in your field (Optional);
- HOW TO APPLY:
The following procedures are needed to apply for the Beijing University of Science and Technology (USTB) Chancellor’s scholarships, viz:
- Apply online, and pay the application fee. The online application form can be accessed here: http://onlineapply.ustb.edu.cn/en/student/index
- Submit all documents to International Student Center, USTB.
- Applicants for bachelor degree(Chinese-taught), must attend the entrance exam.
Please Note: Application documents and fee will not be returned.
- CONTACT INFORMATION:
Consignee: Mr.Liu (Master and Doctorate), Ms.Shang (Bachelor)
Address: International Student Center, University Science and Technology Beijing, No.30 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100083 China
Telephone: +86-10-62332943 (Master and Doctorate),
- APPLICATION RESULTS:
The International Student Center will declare the names of successful candidates accepted to their relevant program at the end of June, then send out admission letters in July. Please fill the application form with detailed mail address and postal code or other standard receiving methods.
- SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE:
The USTB Chancellor Scholarships application deadline is on April 30th, 2019.